On 2 Jun 2010, at 19:57, Jeremy Matthews wrote:

> So...I'm working on an app that needs an email framework to send
> messages...right now I'm using MailCore, and I hear good things about
> EDMessage as well...where I am at now I need to send attachments and neither
> is very forthcoming on support details there (or examples) - so I am reading
> through headers and trying to figure what works and what doesn't.
>
> Is anyone using either of these for attachments?
>
> Any opinions on one or the other? Something else?

I'm using EDMessage in a project and it has been good to work with albeit with
a few quirks.

1. EDMessage and EDCommon both contain some deprecated methods. You can either
ignore these or do as I did and tidy them up. Essentially it was replacing
occurrences of 'stringWithContentsOfFile:' with
'stringWithContentsOfFile:encoding:error:' and replacing 'stringWithCString:'
with 'stringWithCString:encoding:'. I also replaced an occurrence of
'stringWithCString:length:' with 'stringWithCharacters:length:'.

2. I had a problem attaching text files because they appeared in-line in the
emails rather than as attachments. I never really got to the bottom of whether
this was a problem with mail clients or with the framework. You can read about
it in my post in their forums at:
http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58

3. I had a problem with spaces in attachment names. Again, you can read about
it in their forums at:
http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59

However the framework is easy to use and has been reliable and I worked around
the last two issues.

Simon Wolf

Website: http://www.ottersoftware.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sgaw