I forgot to mention, the MailDelivery.framework is free and open source

https://code.google.com/p/maildelivery/

On Jun 2, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 22:12, Simon Wolf <sw...@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
On 2 Jun 2010, at 19:57, Jeremy Matthews wrote:

So...I'm working on an app that needs an email framework to send messages...right now I'm using MailCore, and I hear good things about EDMessage as well...where I am at now I need to send attachments and neither is very forthcoming on support details there (or examples) - so I am reading through headers and trying to figure what works and what doesn't.

Is anyone using either of these for attachments?

Any opinions on one or the other? Something else?

I'm using EDMessage in a project and it has been good to work with albeit with a few quirks.

1. EDMessage and EDCommon both contain some deprecated methods. You can either ignore these or do as I did and tidy them up. Essentially it was replacing occurrences of 'stringWithContentsOfFile:' with 'stringWithContentsOfFile:encoding:error:' and replacing 'stringWithCString:' with 'stringWithCString:encoding:'. I also replaced an occurrence of 'stringWithCString:length:' with 'stringWithCharacters:length:'.

IIRC I fixed that and some other things up as well. I've forked it
over on github

http://github.com/tcurdt/edmessage

Haven't checked if there are any new upstream changes for a while though.

cheers
--
Torsten

This email sent to palacios.da...@gmail.com