On 9 Jun 2010, at 19:06, Matej Bukovinski wrote:

> The layer approach din't work out as well. I get the same black color problem
> as with the view.
>
> Overriding drawRect: is problematic for WebViews, as Jens pointed out
> WebViews do all sorts of drawing voodoo. Believe me, I've tried.
>
> It seems that the only option left manually doing difference operations (or
> doing an overlay window) on the rectangles and drawing only the uncovered
> portions. Set operations on NSBezierPath would definitely help.

If it were *my* program, I think I'd just use an overlay window; that way you
can draw what you please and you don't have to worry about what WebKit (or some
plug-in) may or may not be doing.

FWIW, rectangle intersections are pretty easy (just draw the cases on a piece
of paper and you'll see what I mean).  General Boolean ops are a *much* harder
problem, but you *really* don't need that for what you're doing.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net