By applying a CGAffineTransform you're basically doing a pixel operation. The
pixels from your normally (100%) scaled view are taken and modified by the
transformation matrix. Scaling up this way produces blurry results, that's an
universal truth.

If you need sharp results on both scales don't apply a CGAffineTransform but
rather increase your views frame and redraw everything as needed.