On 2010-06-17, at 5:19 PM, David Duncan wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 2:04 AM, Ajay Sabhaney wrote:
>
>>   ab.borderColor=CGColorCreateGenericRGB(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f,1.0f);
>
> Be aware that you are actually leaking a color here. Core Animation retains
> all CF-type data that it gets, but since the compiler didn't support making a
> CF type as retain-able this couldn't be declared in the property itself.

Oops, forgot to release colour, thanks

>> 2010-06-17 02:49:13.464 Revapp[4838:a0f] expecting model layer not copy:
>> MRWorkspaceItemLayer[(125,125)]
>
> What version of Mac OS X are you on?

10.6.4, although this was happening yesterday as well when I was using 10.6.3

For some reason, that message isn't showing up anymore, and I can't seem to
reproduce it.  Now I'm getting a different message:

attempting to modify read-only layer MRWorkspaceItemLayer[(0,0)]

I don't know a whole lot about how the presentation and model are handled, but
here are a couple things I noticed:

-The initializer initWithLayer: of my subclass of CALayer, MRWorkspaceItemLayer
is being invoked, even though I never explicitly invoke this

-For when I handle the mouse down event, I tried changing my code from:

CALayer *layer = [_rootLayer hitTest: where];

CALayer *presLayer = [_rootLayer presentationLayer];
CALayer *layer = [presLayer hitTest: where];

but now [[_rootLayer sublayers] indexOfObject:layer] is returning
NSNotFound,but I'm still looking in to this part...

Thanks

-AJ