On 24 Jun 2010, at 07:43, Richard Hood wrote:

> does anyone know in which library the CCCrypt() routine is defined? I've
> linked against libcrypto.dylib where it's defined in the header and
> libSystem.dylib where the man page says it is but I'm still getting undefined
> symbol errors on link.

Hi Richard,

what errors do you get? You certainly should be able to link just against
libSystem without problems:
jormungand:common_crypto_example leeg$ nm /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib | grep CCC
00000000001065df T _CCCrypt
000000000006ee17 T _CCCryptorCreate
00000000001064b3 T _CCCryptorCreateFromData
0000000000106446 T _CCCryptorFinal
0000000000106466 T _CCCryptorGetOutputLength
000000000006fb93 T _CCCryptorRelease
0000000000106486 T _CCCryptorReset
000000000006f06d T _CCCryptorUpdate

Which SDK are you linking against?