I am writing an NSProxy subclass to generically marshal and forward
invocations. I have read previous mailing list posts on this topic.

For reasons I cannot explain and shouldn't be happening according to my
interpretation of the documentation, [NSInvocation selector] is throwing an
NSInvalidArgumentException:

- (void)forwardInvocation:(NSInvocation *)invocation
{
        NSString *selName = NSStringFromSelectorName([invocation selector]);

at this point:

2010-06-28 15:12:39.694 Monotest[23948:a0f] *** Terminating app due to uncaught
exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSInvocation
getArgument:atIndex:]: index (1) out of bounds [-1, 0]'
*** Call stack at first throw:
(
        0   CoreFoundation                      0x95351bba __raiseError + 410
        1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x98f26509 objc_exception_throw
+ 56
        2   CoreFoundation                      0x952f7c31 -[NSInvocation
getArgument:atIndex:] + 225
        3   CoreFoundation                      0x952f8958 -[NSInvocation
selector] + 56

even an empty NSInvocation shouldn't be doing that; at the very least, selector
is supposed to return 0 if there is no selector set.