In what way do you believe a custom NSCell-based replication of
NSCollectionView will perform better than NSCollectionView itself? What
performance issue have you seen? Are you sure the problem lies with
NSCollectionView and not your own code surrounding it? (I.e., have you Sharked
your application?)

--
michael