Hi,

In a layer-hosting custom view, I'm flipping the root layer coordinate
system with the following code:

CGAffineTransform flipTransform;
flipTransform.a = 1.0;
flipTransform.b = 0.0;
flipTransform.c = 0.0;
flipTransform.d = -1.0;
flipTransform.tx = 0.0;
flipTransform.ty = 0.0;
[rootLayer setAffineTransform:flipTransform];

This code works fine and causes the layer and all its sublayers to
flip so that the origin is in the top left corner.

However, the problem is that when I place this custom view inside
another layer-backed view (or just check the "Wants Core Animation
Layer" box of the parent view in Interface builder), I observe that
the coordinate system of the layer is unflipped, like if the code
above did not have any effect.

Is this a bug? And how to work around it?

I could use the 10.6's geometryFlipped property, which is free of this
problem, but I'd still like to support 10.5.

Thanks!

Oleg.