On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Darren Wheatley
<dar...@tenjinconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone give me a pointer on how to encrypt (and use) the data in the
> Core Data sql store of my Mac desktop app? My application has a data store
> that on its own has a value, and I would like to provide at least a basic
> level of protection / deterrent before I release it.
>
> I've Googled for this, and while I find lots of information on encrypting
> Core Data stores for iPhone apps, I can't find a solution for Mac
> applications.

The most direct analogue I would think would be to put the store on an
encrypted disk image. Of course the volume will appear systemwide, but
you could set appropriate read permissions on the disk image's
contents.

Alternatively, you could use a custom NSAtomicStore subclass which you
encrypt when writing it to the filesystem, but that ditches all the
advantages of the SQLite store.

--Kyle Sluder