The simplest way is to create action methods in your controller class,
along with ivars for the array controllers you need to access,
something like this in the header:

@interface MyController : NSObject {
  IBOutlet NSArrayController *masterController;
  IBOutlet NSArrayController *detailController;
}
- (IBAction)calculate:(id)sender;
@end

Then hook things up in IB, and then implement the calculate: method,
using ivars to grab and set the values you need. I'd offer an example,
but I'm writing on an iPhone and this has taken enough time already!
;)

// jack
// http://nuthole.com
// http://learncocoa.org