You should, I believe, be able to include <tgmath.h> ('type generic math' - a
C99 addition) instead, and then just 'use' the non-suffixed versions of the
functions.  Hidden macro magic is supposed to then make the compiler call the
double or float versions as appropriate for the type used.

Having said that, I had a lot of trouble when trying this in my iPhone app a
year or so ago.  Things seemed very slow when complied, and disassembly showed
all sorts of float<->double conversion going on.  I ended up explicitly calling
the f-suffixed ones anyway.  I don't think I should have needed to though, and
if there was a bug back then (rather than just me doing something incorrect) it
could be fixed now.

Jamie.