I had a nasty memory bug. I spent hours and hours on it with nothing but increasing frustration as a result.

Then I went back to basics and read Apple's "Memory Management Programming Guide". The problem was now readily apparent and easily fixed. This is an excellent document.

I have read and studied other material on Cocoa memory management but this was so clear and well written that it just absorbed right into my brain.

Thank you Apple technical writers!

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/conceptual/MemoryMgmt/MemoryMgmt.html

--Richard