[Inquiries about developer tools really belong on xcode-users.]

On 28 Aug 2010, at 7:12 AM, Sandro Noël wrote:

> either...
>       ibtool --strings-file MainWindow.strings -–write
> French.lproj/MainWindow.xib  English.lproj/MainWindow.xib
> or...
>       ibtool --strings-file MainWindow.strings English.lproj/MainWindow.xib
> -–write French.lproj/MainWindow.xib

Per the instructions in the error message, I ran "man ibtool" and found there
is no such option as --strings-file. Or did you type these lines from memory?

> or...
>       ibtool --import-strings-file MainWindow.strings
> English.lproj/MainWindow.xib -–write French.lproj/MainWindow.xib

Nor did I find any indication that the source NIB/XIB was permitted to be
anything but the last argument. The synopsis says it must be.

> returns....
>       <key>com.apple.ibtool.errors</key>
>       <array>
>               <dict>
>                       <key>description</key>
>                       <string>Illegal invocation. Try 'man ibtool' for more
> information.</string>
>               </dict>
>               <dict>
>                       <key>description</key>
>                       <string>Not enough arguments provided; where is the
> input document to operate on?</string>
>               </dict>
>       </array>
> </dict>
> </plist>

However, given what I said, I'm not sure how your first two invocations could
have produced this error. Is it really the case that the first two messages
were the same as the one you pasted?

        — F