On 2010 Sep 03, at 18:43, Gideon King wrote:

> Hi, I have a custom NSManagedObject subclass that I am having a problem with.
> When I delete the object, I get the "isTemporaryID unrecognized selector sent
> to instance" message being sent to the object being deleted

I'm not quite sure of that.

> #0  0x00007fff874570da in objc_exception_throw ()
> #1  0x00007fff83622140 in -[NSObject(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSelector:]

Because it says that it's being sent to some generic NSObject, not your custom
object, not even an NSManagedObject.

Click on line #1 in the debugger.  Then, print that object in gdb.  It is the
first parameter (self) to the method.  The procedure is explained here:

http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?DebuggingTechniques > "Assembly Code"

And here:
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html >
"Architecture Considerations"

But there's a problem.  I see you've got a 64-bit machine.  The first article
says that "64-bit Intel restores sanity to the equation by passing arguments in
registers", but he doesn't say which registers, and neither does the Apple
Technical Note.

I'm going to have to get a 64-bit Mac one of these days.  Does anyone know the
register mapping for Intel 64?

Jerry