Hi,

I have a need for a lot of different template images in my apps. I have worked
with my artist but she is not sure how to build a template image. We have both
researched it and we are not finding much good information. The docs on
template images say to use "black" and "clear" in the image but it's difficult
to make a nice, smooth, small image using only black.

I've looked at a lot of applications and Mail is a great example. They have the
blue dot (which is a gradient) and when you select it, it turns white. How do
you do that? Can you use greyscale in the image mask? I've noticed that setting
isTemplate on my images will change them; for instance, I have a red lock that
we use but when I set it to a template it turns black.

Can anyone point me and my artist in the right direction to learn more about
this? I have read the NSImage docs on template images and so has she but it's
not quite enough for us.

Thanks a lot
Marc