I switched a project from gcc to LLVM compiler.  I got a bunch of warnings
indicating that writable atomic property cannot pair synthesized setter/getter
user defined setter/getter.  I understand that the answer is given in this
thread:

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/xcode/289179-xcode-3-2-3-cannot-pair-synthesized-setter-getter-with-user-defined-setter-getter.html

In deciding how to solve the problem, I'd like to know how gcc solved the
problem!  It seems there are three choices:

(1) Wrap my non-atomic custom setter/getter code to make it atomic.
(2) Change my declaration to make it nonatomic.
(3) Somehow ignore the rule and compile the code as I wrote it.

Which did gcc do?