On Nov 16, 2010, at 8:27 PM, eveningnick eveningnick wrote:

> All i could think of - is installing a global event tap (but i need
> accessibility Enabled then all the time - it is neither a good idea)
> and watch some Shortcut pressed on a keyboard.

If you decide to use a hot key (keyboard shortcut), don't use Event Taps.
Instead, use the Carbon hot key API. It does not require that accessibility be
enabled, and it's more efficient. Sample code is available on Apple's Developer
site.

(Note that I am NOT suggesting that a hot key is the best option for what
you're doing. Others have made better suggestions already.)

--

Bill Cheeseman - b...@cheeseman.name