The document window in a Core Data app has now grown to the point where it has
several tabs and sub-tabs.  Some of them, a "Reports" tab in particular, can
take a long time to load for large documents, so that upon opening such a
document, the beachball spins while, mostly, array controllers for tables in
unseen tab views are sorting their data.  This is annoying because, in typical
usage, these unseen tab views are never selected.

I think the solution is to load the slow-loading and rarely-used tab view items
lazily, that is, not until they are selected.  Further, I think that the
standard implementation of such lazy loading would be to go into the xib file,
duplicate the long-loading and rarely-used tab view items, put their subviews
in separate views, and move these separate views with their associated
controllers into separate nib files.  It seems like I would have to leave empty
tab view items in the "main" nib, and swap views from the other nibs in when
required, or something like that.  I'd also have to similarly split up my
File's Owner, taking the outlets and actions for each nib into a new File's
Owners.

Since this is looking like a multi-day endeavor, I'm asking for alternatives I
should consider before diving in.

Jerry Krinock