On Dec 5, 2010, at 3:29 PM, k...@highrolls.net wrote:

> How is Carbon connected to Cocoa?

Carbon is a fundamental part of Mac OS X. Some Cocoa classes still use Carbon
at a low level, such as NSMenu.

> Should I use Carbon APIs in my Cocoa code?

Why not?

> Will Carbon Core go away?

No. The only parts of Carbon that have gone away are the obsolete APIs (FSSpec,
Internet Config, QuickDraw, etc.) as well as HIView. The rest of Carbon isn't
going anywhere. There are still a number of OS features that can only be
accessed by using Carbon.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>