On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:08 , Lee Ann Rucker wrote:

> We do this to check whether two URLs really refer to the same file (you can
> also hit issues when using NSString path manipulation to build paths and then
> turn them into URLs):

FWIW, we had this problem also.  IIRC we were creating NSURLs from paths
returned by some Carbon file manager API, and they were not equal to NSURLs
obtained from Cocoa API (open panel or drag-and-drop).  In the end, I wrote an
object wrapper around FSRef and called FSCompareFSRefs.  NSURL is a poor choice
for a file name container, IMO, because of the normalization issues and because
its -hash performance (at least prior to 10.6) was terrible.

--
Adam