…
> - (IBAction)resetControlPoints:(id)sender
> {
>
> UIBezierPath *path = [UIBezierPath bezierPath]; {
> [path moveToPoint:CGPointMake(0,0)];
> return path;
> }
> points[0] =   [path moveToPoint:CGPointMake(30, 70)];
> points[1] =   [path moveToPoint:CGPointMake(30, 70)];
> points[2] =   [path moveToPoint:CGPointMake(30, 70)];
> points[3] =   [path moveToPoint:CGPointMake(30, 70)];
>
> }

Look at the documentation for -[UIBezierPath moveToPoint:]. The method returns
void, but you're trying to assign the (nonexistent) result to members of the
points[] array. You ought to be ignoring the void value, and aren't, just as
the error message says.

You're returning path immediately after initializing it. Your assignments to
points[] won't get executed anyway.

You're attempting to return path from a void method (IBAction methods return
void). Attempting to return a value from a void method is at least a warning.
Never ignore warnings.

Given that you can't return anything from an IBAction — nothing will receive
the returned value — what do you expect to happen to path? In the method you
show, it gets allocated, autoreleased, initialized, and thrown away.

Assuming you mean to use the four {30,70} points you refer to, (points[0] =
CGPointMake(30, 70);), why do you think it necessary to reset the current point
to that location?

If you do mean to reset the current point, why do it four times?

Assuming you don't mean the early return, why initially set the current point
to {0,0} if you're just going to reset it?

And why are you enclosing those two lines in braces?

        — F