Hi,

I have a question about how to design a initializer mehod.

I have defined a class with three instance variables. Two of them are arrays
and their value can be initialized straightforward in the initializer method,
but the value of the third instance variable is the result of a complex
algorithm, based on the contents of the two arrays.

I would like to implement that algorithm in a seperate method, instead of
writing it directly in the initializer. Is that OK, and could I then message
"self" in the initializer like:

- (id) init
{
        self = [super init];
        if (self) {
                var1 = ...;
                var2 = ...;
                var3 = [self computerVar3With:var1:var2];
        }
        return self;
}

Or is it better to write the algorithm directly as part of the initializer?
Thanks,

--
Luc Van Bogaert
luc.van.boga...@me.com