I noticed that memory is not autoreleased when I receive a distributed
notification, the only way to fix this is to wrap it in a autorelease pool, but
this shouldn't be right? I would think that when you register for a
notification it'll be on the run loop which has a autorelease pool and
therefore shouldn't leak, instruments doesn't see these allocations as a leak,
but you can see they are still alive. The only thing I can think of is that the
application who sent it has no autorelease pool and the notification would be
like running from a NSConnection (Haven't tested this). So my question is how
does the distributed notifications work? Do all of them need to be wrapped in
NSAutoreleasePool to prevent leaks? And if not, is that because some
applications post the notifications without the autorelease pool (Trying to
wrap my head around why this is happening).