On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 06:22:35 -0800 (PST), Keith Blount <keithblo...@yahoo.com>
said:
> I've also tried only posting the notification after a delay of 0, which works
> and avoids the crash, but is a little slow - you can see the original text
> view getting loaded on screen before being swapped for the multiple page view.

If the nub of the remaining problem is what "you can see", I wonder why you
don't simply have these text views be hidden. That way they are in the window
(so that they are loaded correctly) but the user sees nothing. Or, if that
doesn't work, cover them with something else (another view, or even a secondary
window). You can cover the intervening time with a progress indicator of some
sort. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!