Nothing was "reversed", unfortunately. Block-based animation was introduced in
iOS 4.0, and user interaction has always been off by default during one, so if
you wanted user interaction you always had to use
UIViewAnimationOptionAllowUserInteraction - and you still do.

Apple did seem to regret this, and signaled an intent to change this policy;
but they have never done so, and indeed it is hard to see how they could do it
coherently.

(Of course, Apple can reverse anything at any time, like when they reversed the
meaning of the y-component of a shadow offset without warning and screwed up
everyone's drawing starting in 3.2.)

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!