On 23/03/2011, at 20:38, WT wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2011, at 8:13 PM, Siegfried wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to create an export / import system for my app, and just thought that
>> asking the list for some advices could help a lot.
>>
>> …
>
> How about using a property list file instead? Easier to import and export,
> and can be edited with tools such as Property List Editor, though your users
> might not know how to use it, or even have it.
>
> WT

I was considering using it initially, but as you've stated that would make
things a bit more complicated when it comes to editing. XML would be ideal.
Also, the final file would be less verbose (not filled with nested dicts and
key value pairs).

I really don't know when it comes to building the system. Do you think it would
integrate with CoreData better? Or just mean less code to write? The latter
case is not a problem though :-)