On Mar 28, 2011, at 2:05 PM, John Brayton wrote:
>> A Trace/BPT trap is generated when the process kills itself, such as abort()
>> or __builtin_trap() or assert() failure.
>>
>> Is this a normal app, or something unusual like a user agent or LSUIElement ?
>
> My app is an LSUIElement, although I did see the problem after
> removing LSUIElement from the Info.plist file.  The purpose of the app
> is to backup Google Docs, Calendars, and Contacts.  The app typically
> performs backups every hour.  When I have seen this error, I have had
> the app in "stress test" mode, backing up data every minute.  I don't
> know if backing up data so often is triggering the error, or just
> making it happen more quickly.
>
> In one case, I saw a "Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds"
> just before the Trace/BPT trap:
>
> 3/27/11 10:54:00
> PM    com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[157]
> (com.apple.ReportCrash.Self[16412])
> Job appears to have crashed: Trace/BPT trap

You're not getting crash logs because the crash reporter is crashing. There's
definitely something wrong with your machine or its OS installation.

Your app's crashes may have the same cause as ReportCrash's crashes, or you may
have a bug of your very own.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler