The first thing I tried to do was to subclass the UISwitch. But when one looks
at the docs for the UISwitch there are no Properties or Instance Methods that
one can override to change the "text" on the switch. And when one looks at the
origins of the UISwitch, there is nothing to be overridden to change the text
(or actually the images that contain text) either.

Inherits from
UIControl : UIView : UIResponder : NSObject
Conforms to
NSCoding
NSCoding (UIView)
NSObject (NSObject)
So when I hit The UISwitch class is not customizable. I threw in the towel.

Phil

On Apr 4, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I think there is a difference between "customizable" and "not subclassable".
> The question I guess would be: did he try to subclass?
>
> -Laurent.
> --
> Laurent Daudelin
> AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin
> http://www.nemesys-soft.com/
> Logiciels Nemesys Software
> laur...@nemesys-soft.com
>
> On Apr 4, 2011, at 15:04, Luke the Hiesterman wrote:
>
>> "The UISwitch class is not customizable."
>>
>> And what he really wanted to do was customize the appearance.
>>
>> Luke
>>
>> On Apr 4, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

>>> Prohibiting subclassing is *not* mentioned here:
>>> http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/uikit/reference/UISwitch_Class/Reference/Reference.html

> This email sent to ersh...@cvrti.utah.edu

Philip R. Ershler Ph.D.
University of Utah
Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute
95 South 2000 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5000

phone: (801) 230-8771
alt ph: (801) 587-9528