I have an iPad1 running ios 4.3.2

I am distributing a beta version of my app with an ipa.  I have been
able to install from mobile safari without issue for a while.  A
couple of weeks ago, installing from MobileSafari would fail if I had
deleted the app before installing.  If I leave the app installed and
re-install, everything works fine.  If I delete my app, then restart
my iPad, then install my app from MobileSafari, everything works fine.

When I install from MobileSafari, my old App icon is still present in
SpringBoard while a new progress icon shows.  Then, the old icon is
removed when the progress icon completes.  This is different from an
App-Store upgrade where there is no old App icon present.

I created a small app to launch my app from a URL in case this was
just a SpringBoard issue.  It can launch my app when the App is
successfully installed, but fails to launch my app after a failed
install.

My console log is below:

Apr 22 17:09:53 testdevice kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[77] Builtin
profile: MobileSafari (sandbox)