There is some discussion that our cross-platform app should switch to using
WebKit for its UI (using embedded HTML/CSS/JavaScript), instead of the current
divergent code paths of Cocoa on Mac and native Windows stuff on PC. Our app
doesn't have much UI. Just a few configuration panels and error message
handling. Is is not a document-based app.

I am currently looking for opinions on the pros and cons of such a move.

My main concerns are:

Can the Mac the version comply with HI guidelines and hence get approved for
the App Store solely using WebViews? This is my main concern, if we would fail
App Store automatically for going this route, then it is a non-starter.

Is debugging the UI going to be a nightmare?

What expected/standard UI behaviours are going to go AWOL (or become much
harder to implement without going through hoops)

We could still really end up with divergent code anyway, just in the html/css.

Thanks in advance for any input