On 5 Jun 2011, at 18:22, Jens Alfke wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2011, at 6:21 AM, Thomas Davie wrote:
>
>> I've just completed firming up the API and documentation for CoreParse.
>> CoreParse provides a powerful tokenisation and parsing engine, which uses
>> shift-reduce parsing (unlike ParseKit) to support a wide range of context
>> free grammars.
>>
>> Parsers can be built quickly and easily using BNF like syntax.
>
> Cool! What advantages does this have over using a more-established tool like
> ANTLR? (“An Objective-C API” is an obvious answer, I suppose, but it doesn’t
> look that difficult to call into ANTLR-generated C++ code from Obj-C.)

As a minor point, the current 3.x release of ANTLR has a (somewhat
experimental) objective C API, but doesn't have a C++ API, you have to use the
C API instead.

I think ANTLR 2.7.x has the C++ API, but I've never used it.

The ANTLR Objective C API appears to be making good progress and I'm hoping to
switch from the C to Obj C APIs when ANTLR 4.0 is released.

I'm also looking forward to giving CoreParse a try too. It looks great.

Angus