Hi All,

I've been testing refreshing my views in a split view. If the user
brings the app to the foreground, I'm processing both the
application's -applicationDidBecomeActive and the view controller's
-viewWillAppear. -applicationDidBecomeActive sends a message
(-refreshView) to all view controllers. Sensing activation works as
expected.

However, the only view I can get to refresh is the DetailView - not
the BarButtonItem (in portrait view), and not the TableView (in
Landscape). If I rotate the iPad, the views update as expected.

According to "iPad-Specific Controllers" [1]: "At this point
[popoverControllerDidDismissPopover message is sent], it is safe to
release the popover controller if you do not plan to use it again. You
can also use this message to refresh your user interface or update
your application’s state." Waiting for
-popoverControllerDidDismissPopover is not working well.

I've tried forcing a reload of the table (in RootView) with
-reloadData followed by a -setNeedsDisplay on the view. I've also
tried enumerating the view controllers in RootView (ie, SplitView,
Navigation controller and all their children) and sending
-setNeedsDisplay with no joy.

Any ideas how to refresh the menu items and bar button? I've found if
the user changes their language, the UI is half using the old
language, and half using the new language until a rotate.

Jeff

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#featuredarticles/ViewControllerPGforiPhoneOS/iPadControllers/iPadControllers.html