Hello,

I'm using a GraphicsMagick library in my project.

However, there I found a very interesting behavior.
If I create an instance of Magick::Image in a normal method,
it works OK.
However, if it is implemented in a thread function, it crashes
when it calls omp_get_max_threads().

I tried these :

   1. Declare a pointer to Magick::Image in a class definition
      and created it dynamically using "new" when I needed it in a thread
method.
          => When it is being created, it reaches
             where omp_get_max_threads() is called,
             and it crashes saying "EXC_BAD_ACCESS".

   2. Declare an instance of Magick::Image in a thread function/method
          => Same crash

   3. Declare the instance of Magick::Image as a global variable
      and try to use it in a thread function.
          => It crashes when reading a file like image.read( file_name ).
             Where it crashes is the same to the case 1.

So, I thought it could be due to stack size. So, I increased the stack size
for the thread, but it did'nt solve the problem.

is there a problem in calling OpenMP functions in a thread function?

Thank you.