Hello.

I'm having a problem with a UIAlertView that was working fine under iOS 4. Now,
when running under iOS 4.3.2, the application crashes when the user click on
the "Go" button and I'm not sure why, since I haven't changed anything in this
code in months.

Basically, I set up and UIAlerView and add a few UITextFields to it for user
input. There is one button, the "cancel" button:

placeholder = @"\n\n\n\n\n";
loginAlertView = [[UIAlertView alloc]
initWithTitle:NSLocalizedString(@"RetailerLogin", @"Retailer Login")
                        message:placeholder // IMPORTANT

        delegate:self
                        cancelButtonTitle:NSLocalizedString(@"Login", @"Login")
                        otherButtonTitles:NULL];

        [loginAlertView addSubview:emailAddressTextField];
        [loginAlertView addSubview:passwordTextField];
        [loginAlertView addSubview:iPadNumberTextField];
        [loginAlertView show];
        [loginAlertView release];
        [emailAddressTextField becomeFirstResponder];

My alertView:didDismissWithButtonIndex: is never called.

Also, I'm just starting using Xcode 4. I can't seem to be able to get a decent
stacktrace in the navigation view for some reason.

In the navigation view, I see which thread that crashed but when I click on it,
it only points me to main.m where the UIApplicationMain function is called, not
very useful.

Instead, I have to click the thread in the thread popup in the path-like
control above the console output. Then, I get the stacktrace which actually
shows that the crash occured in objc_assign_ivar(), called from [AppleSpell
init]->[UITextChecker _checker]->…

Is there anyway to get that real stacktrace in the navigation pane or displayed
somewhere like Xcode 3 used to do?

Any idea why the code crashes on 4.3 but not on 3.2?

Thanks in advance for any help, pointer or info.

-Laurent.
--
Laurent Daudelin
AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin