Hello,

I wrote codes to processing images on a second thread and the main thread
displays and handles "progress dialog box".
Because it is not possible to create a "UI thread" according to Cocoa
framework, I had the main thread process the progress dialog box, while a
second thread process images.

However, a problem occurred when I decided to create QuickTime movie files with
the processed images on the second thread.

It turned out that QuickTime movie can't be created on a second thread, which
is not a main thread.

An uncaught exception was raised
QTMovie_QuickTime class must be initialized on the main thread.
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
'QTMovieInitializedOnWrongThread', reason: 'QTMovie_QuickTime class must be
initialized on the main thread.'

Then, is there any code pattern or example to handle progress dialog  and time
consuming tasks in a main thread without blocking user interaction?
Or a solution doesn't need to be confined in that model. If it can utilize a
second thread, it is better.

Can anyone share his/her idea with me?

Thank you.