That's the problem I ran in to. I wanted to maintain some degree of backward
compatibility.... 4.2

However... honestly... I dont have anything pre ipod 3 iphone 3gs to even test
on so I can't say with any accuracy the software will work anyway.

I guess switching to 4.3 minimum is fine. I mean are there still a lot of
people still using iphone 2? or ipod 2? It's just that I didn't even stop
building mac apps as ppc/intel until there was no choice.