See comments below.

(Sent from my iPhone.)

--
Conrad Shultz

On Nov 11, 2011, at 13:39, Development <developm...@fornextsoft.com> wrote:

> That's the problem I ran in to. I wanted to maintain some degree of backward
> compatibility.... 4.2

OK. But architecture and target SDK can be throttled independently. So set your
target to 4.2, base to latest version.

> However... honestly... I dont have anything pre ipod 3 iphone 3gs to even
> test on so I can't say with any accuracy the software will work anyway.

Craigslist is useful for acquiring old equipment on the cheap (assuming you are
in the U.S.). I always kept an old iPod touch with the last 3.x on it until
very recently when we decided to finally require 4.0 or higher.

> I guess switching to 4.3 minimum is fine. I mean are there still a lot of
> people still using iphone 2? or ipod 2? It's just that I didn't even stop
> building mac apps as ppc/intel until there was no choice.

Again, no reason you should need to set 4.3 minimum.