On 11/14/11 3:45 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> You were right. Implementing the custom cell, even though I only was
> calling drawFrameRect caused the D&D not to work.

Are you subclassing NSCell directly or using one of its subclasses?

Out of the box, NSTableView (or, rather, NSTableColumn) uses an
NSTextFieldCell, which importantly inherits from NSActionCell, which
itself adds lots of core functionality that we are used to (for example,
the target-action pattern).

It's possible that it also does some things behind the scenes to make
drag and drop work better.  So: what happens if you inherit from
NSActionCell?

--
Conrad Shultz

Synthetiq Solutions