I have some custom views that act in some ways like lightweight controls - they
have target and action properties - but they inherit NSView, not NSControl.

It would be useful to be able to allow the targets and actions of these views
to be hooked up in IB. Target isn't usually a problem - it can be an outlet.
But the action is another matter, IB can't "see" it, so doesn't allow me to
specify the selector. Am I missing something or this a feature that is
hard-coded into IB and not available to custom views?

I'd rather not subclass NSControl, because that would compromise the simplicity
and lightness of these views just to allow an action to be set - NSControl
brings in way too much other baggage as well.

--Graham