Yes, tried NSUTF8StringEncoding, I really tried all the ones I found in the
NSString encoding documentation.

When I import this file as DBF into FileMaker Pro it looks just as bad. But
when I import it into a MySql it works fine.

Here an example of what NSLog says:

    "R\U0094h.",
    "R\U0094hrchen"

It should instead say Röhrchen.

Is the escape sequence even correct or shouldn't it have two slashes instead?

Alex