On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:39:26 -0800, Matt Neuburg <m...@tidbits.com> said:
>According to the docs:
>
>> @property(nonatomic, assign) BOOL providesPresentationContextTransitionStyle
>> Discussion
>> If the value of this property is YES and the value of the
>> definesPresentationContext property is YES, then the modal transition style
>> of the presenting view controller is used. Otherwise, the modal transition
>> style of the presented view controller’s modal transition style is used.
>
>So I tried it and it doesn't work. I simply used Xcode's built-in Utility
>Application template, which presents and dismisses a modal view right out of
>the box:
>
>- (IBAction)showInfo:(id)sender
>{
>    FlipsideViewController *controller = [[FlipsideViewController alloc]
> initWithNibName:@"FlipsideViewController" bundle:nil];
>    controller.delegate = self;
>    controller.modalTransitionStyle = UIModalTransitionStyleFlipHorizontal;
>    // here are my additions
>    self.modalTransitionStyle = UIModalTransitionStyleCrossDissolve; // *
>    self.providesPresentationContextTransitionStyle = YES; // *
>    self.definesPresentationContext = YES; // *
>    [self presentModalViewController:controller animated:YES];
>}
>
>The three marked lines are my only change to the template. I am doing exactly
>what the docs say to do. But it isn't working, or rather it's working in a
>very lame and partial way

I did eventually figure this out. The docs are wrong (because they don't tell
the full story) plus there's a bug (the "lame and partial way" should be "does
not work at all" but isn't). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!