Well, I'm sorry if I confused you.

BTW, "common advice to avoid threading" doesn't mean that threading should not be used.
Just like salt, if it is used for right occasion, it is very good.
However, when there are another way not to use thread but just to use threading because "it can be used" is not right.
I think that is the meaning of "common advice to avoid threading".

So is "Necessary Evil". I saw this expression in one of Microsoft's Windows Programming book in early 90's.
:)