Hi,

for a couple of reasons we migrated our project from mysql to postgres using
PGSQLKit.

But we are experiencing problems storing UTF8 data. So far we checked the
database to be able to store UTF8. When using pgPHPAdmin to store values with
German Umlaute it works. When using PGSQLKit chars get garbled.

The following code stores the values:

const char *cString = [sql cStringUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
        if (cString == NULL)
        {
                self.errorDescription = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"ERROR:
execCommand could not be losslessly converted to c string: %@", sql];
        [self appendSQLLog:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@\n",
self.errorDescription]];
        return NO;
    }
        res = PQexec(pgconn, cString);

Both sides seem correct, server as well as client, so I am not sure what the
issue might be.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex