On Apr 25, 2012, at 5:08 PM, Conrad Shultz wrote:

> Do you understand *why* everyone was making a big deal about your choice
> of prefix?

Absolutely I do.  In fact when I posted th ecode sample that used NS and was
clued on it I went DOH!

I was using it to distinguish from corresponding CPP classes.  We have a great
cross-platform method which lets us ship a Mac and Windows version at the same
time.  Why?  Well we thin wrap MFC controls and use all logic from the CPP
files without significant MVC concerns.  So for Mac thin wrapped code I chose
to name files as NS … easy to spot in the tree … I should have used M.  I'll
probably go back and grep NS to M.

Example:

CPropMonogram.cpp implements an MFC dialog for monogramming properties.

NSPropMonogram.m is a thin wrap and calls all logic in CPropMonogram.

NOTE:  Due to some cool stuff CPropMonogram.cpp, while full of MFC, compiles
without #ifdef's

MPropMonogram is more correct for naming, I agree.

-koko