On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Sasikumar JP <jps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am establishing the connection with streaming server directly from my
> application. I don't know how do the same with proxy server is configured.
>
> Please some one show me the direction how to work with proxy to establish the
> connection with streaming server.

I don't know what the API is for finding the host and port that
provide the proxy service that the user has configured.  Perhaps there
is some way you could ferret it out by using WebKit to HTTP GET a
small document from your streaming server, then looking into the info
that's provided for that connection.

The following search turned up some Internet Engineering Task Force
Requests For Comments that, once you do know what the proxy host and
port are, explain what the protocol is.

   http://www.google.com/search?q=site:ietf.org+http+proxy

I would hope that other than directing your requests to the proxy
rather than the destination host and port, it would work just like
your direct connection, but maybe there is some reason it would be
different:

   RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP 1.1
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2068.txt

   RFC 2145 Use and Interpretation of HTTP Version Numbers
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2145.txt

   RFC 2817 Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt

   RFC 3040 Internet Web Replication and Caching Taxonomy
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3040.txt

   RFC 3143 Known HTTP/Proxy Caching Problems
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3143

How many of you are old enough to remember the ISO Networking Stack?
It was *widely* advertised that ISO Networking would eventually become
what the Internet was intended but failed to be, had those who created
the Internet only fixed all the warts in the Internet Protocols before
actually rolling them out to end-users.

I'm a lot older than most of you, so quite likely very, very few of
you are even aware that there ever was such a thing as the Seven-Layer
ISO Networking Model.

I have no doubt that's because, as some IETF engineer actually posted
to Usenet back in the day, "the ISO people people know how to write".

The RFC's are *specifically* meant for regular people to read,
understand and put to good use.

That's why the Internet is so wildly popular these days; it really has
very little to do with anyone's Venture Backed Startup, Killer App
Idea or Insanely Great Product.

   ----> Read.

   -----> Them.

   ----> Weep.