I am not at all sure about the details but I think your app is receiving some
sort of notification that power sleep is occurring in order to allow it to do
what it needs to do in that situation. My guess is that all timers are caused
to expire because when asleep they will not and then, when wake up occurs, the
app is hung waiting for events that will never happen.

I don't know how, perhaps someone else on this list can respond, but you
should, when your timers fire prematurely, determine if power sleep is
occurring and act accordingly.

On Aug 4, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Trygve Inda wrote:

>> When our software is running and the Mac goes into Power Nap, our NSTimers
>> (which are fire-once and set to 3 hour periods) are firing immediately, so
>> the software does the timer work and installed a new fire-once timer for 3
>> hours later.
>>
>> Except that one of course fires immediately and it just keeps going.
>>
>> How can we prevent this?
>>
>> I'd like our app to stop completely (but not quit of course) during Power
>> Nap.
>
> Just a follow-up. It seems our app shouldn't be able to do anything during
> power nap, but something is causing weirdness. Anyone see anything like this
> with NSTimers on 10.8?
>
> Trygve

> This email sent to 3tothe...@comcast.net

Charlie Dickman