On Nov 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:

> Ideally when this happens, I'd love to save my list of pages I'm interested
> in and either restart Safari with only those URLs, or fire up another browser
> and load that list of URLs in a queue.

Uh, you do realize in Lion and later, this is supported as application restore?

Something happened around the Safari 6.0 release which caused this piggy
behavior. Sometimes Safari crashes, and sometimes I just quit it and start
over. This lasts about a day or so with nothing else happening—especially
without plugins or Java activated. Really, that's the only way to fix this
without actually fixing Safari. Otherwise, keep submitting bugs to Apple.
Hopefully someone will do something.
--
Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPhone)
http://www.garywade.com/