On Sun, Dec 23, 2012, at 11:25 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:
> It seems to me that changing the UI elements in awakeFromNib probably
> isn't enough, since that doesn't tell the layout system that something
> has changed.

Changing the text of a label will cause it to call [self
invalidateIntrinsicContentSize], which will ensure a layout pass happens
on the next window update.

My hunch is that NSPopover manually manages the size of its window to
match is contentSize, and it doesn't do so using constraints (or if it
does, those constraints have mandatory priority).

--Kyle Sluder