I'm trying to replicate the NSPopover functionality that the new iTunes has and
I'm 99% there.  The las problem I'm facing is when the NSPopover appears it
steals the firstResponder status from the NSSearchField so the user's typing
gets interrupted when the popover appears.  I tried giving the firstResponser
status back after the popover appear but all that does is mess up the user's
typing.

How can I have a popover appear but have the NSSearchField never relinquish
it's firstResponder status or have the NSPopover refuse firstResponder?

Thanks